Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Five Things I Need During Sephora's F&F

So I (like everyone else) am really looking forward to the Sephora Friends and Family sale. That is, of course, if it actually happens. Which, seeing as how much misinformation has been spread around in the past, is certainly a possibility. However! Let's not dwell on that, because I've been looking forward to it all year. I know, I know, even if it doesn't happen then there's still the VIB sale in November, but I'm really tired of being patient. I want to give Sephora entirely too much of my money now! Not wait another month!

Anyway, in preparation of the sale that may never be, I have been planning my must-buys if when the sale happens. This post includes the top five things I am determined to pick up during the sale.




I am someone who is extremely hard to please when it comes to lipsticks. More often than not, wearing lipstick is pretty much putting a guarantee on the fact that I'm going to have a stressful day. I don't know if it's the fact that wearing lipstick makes me feel self-conscious or if I just don't like the way that it feels, but whatever the reason I have a hard time wearing it and usually stick to lip stains and balms. However, I have heard nothing but good things about this brand. It dries matte (something that is incredibly important to me) and is long lasting while not being overpowering. I'm definitely excited to get my hands on it during the sale. With a regular price point of $28.00, it would be hard for me to take a chance on something that I have a history of not liking, but with the sale I think I'll give it a chance.





Moisturizers are another thing that I typically have a hard time deciding on. For most of my life I have had very good skin. During my teens I never had horrible acne or many skin issues at all. However, as I've gotten older I've become more interested in expanding my skincare regime. In August I was on some antibiotics which made my skin extremely dry, almost the point where it hurt and drugstore moisturizers I had laying around the house just weren't cutting it. Desperate, I went to Sephora to see if they had anything which might be able to help. One of the makeup artists there suggested Ole Henriksen and gave me a pretty substantial sample of this stuff. When I first used it, I thought the scent was crazy powerful. It definitely smells a lot like orange! I thought that I might not even be able to use it, but I was desperate so I applied some anyway. This creme worked magic! It made my skin soft and smooth and, eventually, I even grew to love the scent. I'm all out now, and at $45.00 I was feeling pretty hesitant about buying some even though I love it. However, with the sale I definitely think I'll have to pick some up.





Oh man, this is the one item that has made it really difficult for me to wait for the sale to make any big purchases from Sephora. Too Faced is definitely in my top five favorite makeup brands and when I saw this palette I was in love. It has 16 eye shadows, two bronzers, two blushes, a full-sized shadow primer, and one of Too Faced's candlelight highlighters that I have been dying to try. I love everything about this collection from the eye shadow colors to the packaging. Too Faced honestly never lets me down and I know that I will love this palette as soon as I am able to get my hands on it. It's typically $52.00 and, honestly, I would have no trouble paying that seeing everything that you get, but I figure I might as well wait for the sale and save a little bit.





Honestly, if you don't know about this palette then you've probably been living under a rock. From the moment I first saw the announcement of this item, I knew that I had to have it. I absolutely love Urban Decay shadows. They're always highly pigmented and beautiful and with their new formula I have high hopes about fixing their fallout issue. I'm so stoked about all of the new colors in this palette and because I don't have a ton of other palettes from UD, I definitely want to snatch this one up. The package usually retails for $59.00 which is pretty pricey, but seeing how many shadows you get and knowing that they're going to be high quality, I'm definitely going to get it.





Honestly, my love for butter LONDON is a little bit ridiculous. Logically, I recognize that paying $14.00 for a bottle of nail polish is kind of getting outrageous (at least for someone like me), but I just love their formula and their colors too much for that kind of logic to matter. Right now I own just two butter LONDON shades, and I want to expand that as much as possible during this sale (which probably honestly means that I'll only buy two more, but what can a girl do?). Their polishes are always pretty and I love how many colors they have that manage to look professional and striking at the same time.



So, those are the five things that I most want during the sale (if it actually happens). We'll see if I actually end up snagging everything that I want, or if I end up putting some on my Christmas list. For now, however, in Erika's dream world, I'll be seeing a big box full of all of these on my doorstep in a little bit longer than two weeks.



Are you looking forward to buying anything special during the F&F sale? 







No comments:

Post a Comment