Friday, November 16, 2012

Illegally Fabulous


I have always been pretty hard to please with mascara. My eyelashes have always caused me issues and a lot of the times messing with them is more of a headache than they're worth. Add that to the fact that I have very pale skin and dark mascara makes me look frightening when it inevitably smears under my eyes, and you get my disinterest in mascara. Sure, I always have worn some, but I've never felt the need to find "the perfect mascara." I've had more of a "well I suppose this will do" attitude.

But! That all changed when I picked up Illegal Length from Maybelline. I ended up getting it during the sale that CVS was having a couple of weeks back. It was a couple of dollars off from its usually $8.99 price, so I thought why not? It took me a couple of days to use it since I wasn't used to reaching for it instead of my old stand-by Great Lash, but when I finally did use it I was amazed. Thanks to the fact that it uses fiber-technology it made my lases long, long, long. Plus, I didn't notice the fibers settling on my cheeks during the day. It totally stayed put!

I would definitely recommend this mascara. It made my lashes look long and beautiful. I did notice a little bit of clumping, but I definitely think the trade-off for length is worth it.

More pictures after the cut!





Before

After

Have you tried any other Maybelline mascaras? Did you like them? What is your go to mascara?

3 comments:

  1. I've used the Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes and I love it, but it clumps quite a bit. It does add a ton of length though! My go to mascara right now though is Covergirl's LashBlast 24 Hour one in black gold. It adds a lot of length and volume - absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, I'll have to check out the CG kind. I need length and volume, as you can see, so maybe it'll work for me too.

      Delete
  2. I use L'Oreal Voluminous. My eyelashes are already quite long and I'm not a fan of too over exaggerated lashes, so I just use it to darken my lashes after eye shadow has sort of washed them out. idk it just works for me. But I've only recently start wearing makeup so its the only mascara I've used. If I catch this mascara on sale like you did I'll probably end up trying it

    ReplyDelete