Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Birchbox

FINALLY.




Tons of AWESOME stuff in this month's box. Definitely a step up from last month. Individual pictures and mini-reviews under the cut.



Color Club: Put a Pin In It

Initially I would say that I'm not super into this color. It looks like it's got a lot of different things going on. It looks a little pink, a little silver, and even a little bit gold. It is an exclusive color from BB which is pretty color, but I think I would have probably preferred a different one of their exclusive colors. Still, I haven't had a chance to see how it looks while it's on, so maybe I'll change my mind seeing it on my nails.
Price: Full size: $8 for .5 oz.; Sample Received:  .25 oz.; Worth: $4.00

ModelCo: Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara

A full sized mascara!!!! I'm definitely pumped about trying this one. I just reviewed another fiber mascara that I ended up loving so I'm definitely excited about trying this one. I think the pink letters make for really cute packaging and I love that it has a little mirror on the side of the bottle. Definitely useful and something that is going to make me more likely to throw this in my bag for touch-ups on the go. I'll let you guys know how it actually wears long term.
Price: Full size: $24 Worth: $24

Oscar Blandi: Pronto Texture and Volume Spray

This is probably the item in the box that I'm least excited about. I have suuuper thick and voluminous hair, so I've never been a big product girl (other than using stuff to tame the frizz!). I'm not really sure how much use I'll have for this spray, maybe I'll use it for some texture on days when I don't have time for a shower.
Price: Full size: $25 for 4 oz.; Sample Received:  1 oz.; Worth: $6.25

Shea Terra Organics: Whipped Shea Butter Body Creme

I am already in love with this stuff. All it took was opening the container! This smells exactly like a banana moon pie. Seriously. I feel like I could eat it. I've become way more into body products that are all natural and so I was really pumped when I saw I had gotten this. It smells great and the bit that I used on my hands feels awesome. It's not greasy or sticky and felt great on my skin. The texture is a little weird (it's a little bit like a stale pudding), but other than that I love it.
Price: Full size: $18 for 255mL.; Sample Received:  29mL.; Worth: $2.05

twistband: Hair Tie

The other thing that I'm not super stoked about this month, a twistband hair tie. I've heard tons about these from beauty box forums I've been on and was basically just waiting until I would receive my first one. The whole idea is kind of gimmicky to me. I mean, it's pretty obvious that this is just a piece of elastic that has been tied. I could go to the store and make tons of these for barely nothing at all. Anyway, I've heard that they stretch out really easily with thick hair, so I'm not going to hold out too much hope that it's going to work for me.
Price: Full size: $18 for 12.; Sample Received:  1.; Worth: $1.50

John Varvatos Artisan

The last thing is a sample of some men's cologne from John Varvatos. It smells pretty good, maybe a little bit citrusy for me. I'll probably end of giving this to one of my guy friends. Or maybe I'll wear it. It'll probably just turn vanilla thanks to my body chemistry anyway!
Price: Full size: $62 for 2.5oz.; Sample Received:  .05oz; Worth: $1.24

Overall Thoughts

I am definitely pleased with this box. Even if there were a couple of things that I feel like won't be super useful to me, I know that the other girls in my family would probably get some use out of them. Plus, I love that I got a full sized mascara. The Shea Terra I got is fabulous and I think it'd probably the thing that I'll be reordering first. Overall, I would definitely recommend people subscribe based on this box.











No comments:

Post a Comment